- April 25, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Company Registrations
1. A business name may be registered by any of the following persons:
• An individual
• Two or more individuals (not exceeding 20 persons).
• A corporate body or corporate bodies.
The following names cannot be registered as business or company names;
• Names similar to an existing or reserved name.
• Names that are deceptive, offensive, undesirable or misleading.
• Names that fall under any class of businesses requiring a shared capital.
• Names that are contrary to public policies.
• Names that are similar to any registered trademark.
The following names cannot be registered as business names unless with the approval of the Commission:
• Names containing the words- National, Government, Municipal, State, Federal or any other word which suggests the patronage of any tier of government.
• Names containing the words- Co-operative, Chamber of Commerce, Building Society, Guarantee, Trustee, Investment, Bank, Insurance or any word with similar connotations.
Do you need more clarification before choosing a name for your business?
Order your copy of #HowToDevelopAnIrresistibleBrandNameIn24hrs
I’m Ola Isaac,
Your Friend and Business Partner.